ISNA-IDB Education Trust (IET) Canada IsDB Scholarship Program
ISNA-IDB Education Trust (IET) Canada Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship Program invites applications for award of merit scholarships for the year 2021-2022. The amount of scholarship this year is $10,500 over the two semesters of a bachelor’s degree program of studies at a recognized university in Canada.
Fields of study examples are Agriculture, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Dentistry, Economics, Education, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Information Technology, Journalism, Marine Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Physics, Political Science, Statistics, and Urban Planning.
A more detailed list is provided at https://www.isdb.org/scholarships/undergraduate.
- Canadian Citizenship
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited secondary institution
- Admission letter from one of the top 10 universities in Canada
- An applicant cannot be a current recipient of any other IDB-related loan or scholarship at the time of application and during studies under the IDB scholarship program
- Applicant must be medically fit.
The program is expected to cover the following items:
- Monthly stipend commensurate with the cost of living
- Tuition fees
- Cost of medical treatment at university/government hospital
Scholarship Recipients Obligations
Candidates granted the scholarship are expected to:
- Sign the IET prescribed Scholarship Agreement stating their commitment to their studies and serve their communities and country upon graduation;
- Devote themselves to their studies on a full-time basis and without interruption and provide the IET with progress reports on their studies for each semester
- Not to seek or accept a similar scholarship or remunerated work during their study under the Program
- Respect the laws of the country of study and maintain good personal and professional conduct consistent with the rules, regulations and objectives of the Program and the overall mission of the IET
- Register with IET as Alumni after graduation to network with other alumni.
The review and selection process are undertaken by an independent Selection Committee, composed of academicians. The Selection Committee assesses the applicants’ qualifications and eligibility requirements and ascertains the scientific and development relevance of the proposed fields of study.
Recommendation for final selection is made by the committee and final selection is approved by the IET Board.
If awarded a scholarship, the student will sign an agreement with IET Canada to pay back 50% of the amount they received after their gainful employment. This amount assists IET to award more scholarships with time.
The application forms for the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship Program are available at: https://isnacanada.com/idb-educational-loan/
All IET scholarship applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org