Photo contest aims to capture spirit of Canadian Ramadan
(June 24, 2015) – The Silk Road Institute, in collaboration with the National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) and the Tessellate Institute, is inviting Canadians from coast-to-coast-to-coast to submit photographs that capture the spirit of Ramadan in Canada.
The competition’s goal is to showcase how Ramadan is experienced in Canada through the striking medium of photography. Whether you’re observing Ramadan yourself, or know someone who is, the jury is looking for photographs that tell the story of Ramadan in Canada.
Each week this Ramadan, photographers are invited to make a single submission. At the end of each week, 5 images will be selected as finalists by the jury, and will be shared on our media platforms. The jury will select the 3 winning images from the 20 finalists submitted throughout the contest’s 4 week period.
- 1st Prize: $300 Amazon Gift Card.
- 2nd Prize: $150 Amazon Gift Card.
- 3rd Prize: $75 Amazon Gift Card.
- Image format: JPEG only.
- Minimum width: 2400 pixels (maximum file size 5 MB).
- Submissions are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your email submission, please indicate your name, Canadian mailing address, phone number, the location where the photograph was taken, and a title.
- A maximum of one submission will be accepted from each photographer per week. A photographer may make a submission in each of the contests’ four weeks, for a maximum of four submissions during the contest period.
- Submissions must be made by the individual who captured the photograph, and the submitter must own full copyright of all images submitted.
- Week 1: Friday, June 26th, 2015.
- Week 2: Friday, July 3rd, 2015.
- Week 3: Friday, July 10th, 2015.
- Week 4: Friday, July 17th, 2015.
Owner of copyright retains all copyright on any photo submitted to the Silk Road Institute. Silk Road Institute reserves publication rights of submitted images in its electronic medias and at its events, as well as for possible use in future promotional material of the contests, including other types of publications and advertising material. All photos will be credited to the photographer.